Hex Signs, Cocktail Mixers, Coffee Needs, Gardening Gifts and Tasty Treats
If you're trying to wrap up your holiday shopping this weekend, everything you need is at Mansion + Reed. Right now, they've got a collection of beautiful hex signs, reimagined and hand-painted by our favorite local hex sign artist (and also a friend of the shop), Scott Chassé. Hex signs (running from $55 to $175) are meant to bring good luck and often adorn barns. We've got a typical Pennsylvania Dutch version on our shed upstate, but we keep one of Scott's in our Brooklyn apartment.
Sister shopkeepers Justine and Lia Post also have you covered on host and hostess gifts: "We've expanded our cocktail section for all those holiday parties—we have lots of shrubs and bitters, simple syrups, and tonics. We are happy to help people put together a gift set or they can also grab the gift set with recipe included from The Hudson Standard, The Catskill Mountain Cocktail Kit." We advise picking up your favorite accoutrements here and then adding booze at the Reed Street Bottle Shop across the street.
But that's not all! Here's the run-down of all their most gift-able items, in Justine and Lia's own words:
- We have some cool gifts to pair with cocktail gifts, such as the Cocktail Canteen, the Mason Shaker, the Cheese Knife (one of Oprah's 2017 Favorite Things), and the Host Key.
- Also, from W & P is a ceramic Pour Over Dripper that would pair nicely with our favorite coffee from Number 6 Depot!
- We will be stocking beautifully packaged seeds from the Hudson Valley Seed Library and two of their gift sets: the Herb Garden Box Set and the Pollinator Garden Box Set.
- We have some lovely bath potions coming from Tess & James, including The Snobby Farmer Lib Balms, Baths Salts, Tub Tea, and Bath Porridge.
- We also have lots of tasty foodie stocking stuffers, including Caramel Corn (this has a bit of a cult following in Coxsackie!), Asher's Chocolate-Covered Goodies, Tree Juice Maple Syrup, Saratoga Chocolate Co, Earth's Harvest Pancake Mix, and more!
Mansion and Reed is located at 45 Reed Street in Coxsackie, NY. Shop hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 7pm, and Sundays from 11am to 6pm; closed Mondays. Check their helpful website for updated info, photos of their gorgeous guest suites, and tips on local things to do. We also love their Facebook page and delicious Instagram feed!